I’m 40 years old, I’ve been making a living in the raw food world for 20 years now, and exclusively online since 2004.
I think I have a pretty good business.
I’ve always been able to make a great living, and do more things than most of my friends with “regular jobs.”
I’ve met plenty of people who make more than I do, but they also work more. As far as I can tell, they don’t take several weeks or months of vacation per year to travel the world. They work all the time.
They choose to drive BMW’s and live in a big, fancy house. I prefer to work less, enjoy what I do, and travel the world.
I consider that a pretty good lifestyle.
I work around 3-5 hours a day, on average. Still, it’s amazing what you can accomplish in that time-frame.
Other people work more (and maybe accomplish more) but I’m pretty good at being consistent, year after year.
A few people do more than me, but most don’t. Many people who start working online fail, or give up after a year or two. So I consider it pretty good that I’ve been doing what I do successfully for almost twenty years now.
Could I do more? Absolutely.
I could probably double my income if I wanted to.
But it would also mean doubling my work load and stress levels. I would have to hire more local employees. I couldn’t just spend two months in Hawaii and Tahiti like I did last year.. I couldn’t take the entire summer off, like I just did.
I’d be one of those guys you’d see walking on the beach with a Bluetooth earpiece, barking commands at invisible subordinate employees.
But I’d rather be on the beach, without my cell phone, knowing that all of my work is already taken care of.
I could do more, but I would have to give up a lot of freedom. And I value freedom more than I would value being able to buy more expensive items.
In the self-help world, and especially when it comes to internet marketing advice, a lot of people will claim that they can help you reach amazing levels of riches.
They’ll post photos of themselves with their Ferrari (you don’t know if it’s theirs or if they rented it), their huge villa (again, was it rented?) and then talk about how you can achieve your dreams if you get in the right mindset.
But in reality, it’s not that complicated:
- If you want to be a huge success, as defined by society, you either have to be extremely talented or work like crazy. Ideally, both.
- You can choose a middle path: making $5000-10,000 (profits) a month online working 3-4 hours a day is a perfectly reasonable goal to attain for those motivated enough to get there.
- You have to start with your ideal life in mind. Forget about how much you want to earn for now. What do you really want to do? Then figure the cost, and how to get there. You’d be surprised how little you need to earn to accomplish many of your dreams.
- Stick with it for at least two years.
- Always ask yourself if what you’re working on really matters. Are you working on the 20% that gives 80% of the result? If not, change your priorities.
- Protect and value your time. You can accomplish more in 3 hours of dedicated efforts than you can by being scattered for 8 hours a day.
- Always remember why you’re doing this.
One way to get started online, that people really love right now is by writing recipe eBooks.
If you are ready for a successful online business you can get my course: How to Make a Small Fortune Writing Recipe eBooks is on sale for 85% off for a limited time, only to those who are reading this article!
To read more and purchase the program CLICK HERE
Use coupon code WRITE85 to get the discount in the cart.
PS: Don’t forget to use the coupon code – WRITE85 – to get 85% off in the cart.